Step-by-Step Instructions for sending an email using a shared mailbox in Outlook 2013 as well as 2019?
A shared mailbox makes it easy for a group of people to monitor and send emails from a public email alias like email@example.com. When someone in the group responds to a message that is sent via the shared email address, the message appears to come sent from the shared mailbox and not the user's personal address. It is also possible to make use of the shared mailbox to create a shared calendar for your team.
A shared mailbox isn't intended to be used for direct login but. The user account that is associated with the shared mailbox should remain disabled.
Notice: Before you can utilize a shared mailbox, you must have the Office 365 admin for your company must create it and then add you as an account.
Make Migration easier with Shoviv
Create a shared mailbox in Outlook.
Once your administrator is able to add you as an administrator of an email shared with others, Close and restarted Outlook. The shared mailbox will show in the Folder pane of Outlook.
What happens if it doesn't work?
- Suppose your administrator recently added you to an email address shared with others. In that case, it could take a couple of minutes before you see the shared mailbox. Take a moment, then close and open Outlook to open it again.
- If that doesn't work, you can manually add the shared mailbox manually to Outlook:
- Open Outlook.
- Select click on the File tab from the ribbon.
3. Select your Account Settings and choose Account Settings from the menu.
4. Click on to go on the email tab.
5. Make sure that the proper account appears. Then, select to change it.
6. Choose More Settings > Advanced > Add.
7. Type the shared email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Choose OK > OK.
9. Choose Next > Finish > Close.
Send messages from an email shared with the mailbox
- Open Outlook.
- Choose New Email.
3. If you do not notice your From field at the top of your email, click the option from the menu. From.
4. Click on the notification and change the address to an email shared with the user. If you cannot find the shared email, click an alternative mail address and then enter the email address shared with you.
5. Choose OK.
6. Write your message down and then click the option to Send.
- Now, when you wish to send messages from an account shared with you, that address will appear in the From dropdown list.
- When you send a message via your shared mailbox, the recipient will see only your shared email address within the message.
Reply to mail addressed through the shared mailbox.
- Open Outlook.
- You can open the email you wish to respond to.
- From the field that appears on the upper right of the message, you'll be able to see the name of the shared mailbox. If not, select the From dropdown and select the shared mailbox.
- Complete your message, and then select the option to Send.
- If you wish to send a text message from your shared mailbox, it will be displayed in the From the dropdown list.
- If you send an email via your shared mailbox, the recipients only get your email address shared inside the text.
Once the account setup process is complete, you will see the mailbox shared appear in the account list of Outlook to iOS and Outlook for Android.
To delete the shared mailbox, then navigate to settings > accounts. Tap on the mailbox shared by others and choose the Delete Account option.
Exchange 2010 to Office 365 Migration
Exchange 2013 to Office 365 Migration
Exchange 2016 to Office 365 Migration
Exchange 2019 to Office 365 Migration
Exchange 2010 to exchange 2016 Migration
Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2019 Migration
Exchange 2013 to exchange 2016 migration
Exchange 2013 to Exchange 2019 migration
Migrate Exchange 2016 to 2019
Export Exchange mailbox to PST
Export Exchange 2010 mailbox to PST
Export Exchange 2007 mailbox to PST
Export public folder to pst
Exchnage database recovery
Exchange to Office 365 Migration
Exchange server recovery
on-premises exchange vs office 365
Repair Exchange 2013 database
migrate distribution lists to office 365
Office 365 Migration steps
Repair Exchange 2016 database